Friday, February 11, 2011

What You Should Never Forget

I subscribed from Bo Sanchez'  Soulfood  newsletters and it's delivered directly to my inbox. Today Bo Sanchez' teaches about the value of Family. "What You Should Never Forget". As a parent, we know how important it is to spend time with our kids for us to know their thoughts, plans in the future and their dreams. It is in those quiet uninterrupted moments with them that we get to know the kind of person they want to be.
I love reading Bo's notes but this particular newsletter kind of affected me. This part in particular:

"I was even more convinced of my family goals when I read the frightening statistics from David Perdew about “fatherless kids”. According to statistics, children from a fatherless home are:
·        Five times more likely to commit suicide
·        Thirty-two times more likely to run away
·        Twenty times more likely to have behavioral disorders
·        Fourteen times more likely to commit rape (this applies to boys)
·        Nine times more likely to drop out of high school
·        Ten times more likely to abuse chemical substances
·        Nine times more likely to end up in a charitable institution
·        Twenty times more likely to end up in prison for a long period of time

You see, I'm a solo parent and this kind of statistic will surely affect me. But guess what? On top of this newsletter was God's love note for me and it says:



I should not be sad. Instead I should empower myself so I can be a mom and a dad both to my kids. I've always believed that if kids are happy at home, they will never seek love anywhere else. My youngest sister is a perfect example. I should not be afraid.

And while I was writing this, I got a new email:
February 11, 2011

Dear Sheila,

Be a Blessing Expert. So you can spot a blessing a mile away. So you can
know a blessing’s shape, smell, color, and sound. So you can see blessings
everywhere.

Be happy,
God

P.S. Sheila, Blessing Experts are happy people.


Just looking at all my blessings, I'm perfectly happy. :)

PS. Never Forget Your Family.  Except for God, nothing else is more important. Get powerful inspiration and instruction on how to build your own family. It’s never too late.
Join FamilyReborn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment