Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I kissed dating goodbye...

This was a book I read while on training with my current job. It was really enlightening. I recommended this to my sister who haven't had any boyfriend yet, since birth:) At first I thought this book is for teeners. But as I read through the pages, all I can do is nod my head in agreement.


While the title of the book is intriguing, its contents show a clear picture of what dating should really be. I'm fond of quotes and bits and pieces of words of wisdom. They are like vitamins to me. It inspires me that's why I take note of fave lines from books I've read. I'm sharing this hoping you get inspired too.

"True love isn't just expressed in passionately whispered words or an intimate kiss or embrace, before two people are married, love is expressed in self-control, PATIENCE, even words left unsaid."
"Even if you're going out with the person you will one day marry, a preoccupation with being the perfect boyfriend or girlfriend now can actually hinder you from being the future husband or wife that person will one day need."
          "...when I'm married I plan to make a habit of dating my wife."
"I cannot 'own' someone outside of marriage." 
"Although Michael has done nothing immoral, his pattern of short term dating potentially robs him of the flexibility, freedom, and focus of singleness.  He still operates from the old dating mindset that he's incomplete without a girlfriend" 
"Finally,expect to meet her someday soon, if you haven't met her already. She will be prepared for you by God because 'a good wife is from the Lord.'When you know you already found her, BE PATIENT--- you needn't rush. But neither should you need to delay things. Marry her within the year and count on God to help you take care of her." 
"The right thing at the wrong time is still the wrong thing." 
"Do you really trust Him?" 
"Set your standards too high. You will never regret purity.
"Make the purity of others your priority." 
"You can say whatever you want, but you know deep down that you've crunched."
"The best relationships are between two people who care more about each other’s good than their own momentary pleasure."
"Unless a man is prepared to ask a woman to be his wife, what right has he to claim exclusive attention? Unless she has been asked to marry him, why would a sensible woman promise any man her exclusive attention?"
"God doesn’t use our singleness to punish us. He has created this season as an unparalleled opportunity for undistracted devotion to God. And as a time for growth and service that we shouldn’t take for granted or allow to slip by."
And this is the best line I always keep in mind:

"God gives us singleness---a season of our lives unmatched in its boundless opportunities for growth, learning, and service..."
As a single you have the freedom right now to explore, study, and tackle the world. No other time in your life will offer these chances.

It's been years of blessed singleness for me. It was really difficult at first but looking back, I wouldn't trade what I have learned about myself, my capabilities and accomplishments now. It empowered me not to settle for anything less but greater. It gave me time to reflect and value myself more. Therefore, having loved myself first enabled me to share more love to others. If I can do it, so can you.


No comments:

Post a Comment