Monday, October 24, 2011

I want you to fight for me! That's all I ever wanted!

Sunday family time was spent in a moviehouse. Me, the boys and Tita xa went to see Real Steel. It was a good father and son movie where a stubborn kid teaches life lessons to his dad.


Hugh Jackman played the role of Charlie Kenton who was reunited with his son Max Kenton played by Dakota Goyo. The movie was exciting with all the robot fighting stunts but blended well with heartwarming and emotional scenes displayed in surprising moments.

The most memorable part was this:

Charlie Kenton: I tried, okay? I mean, what do you want from me?
[Max in tears, turns to Charlie]
Max Kenton: I want you to fight for me! That's all I ever wanted!
[he turns and leaves]

A touching moment there...

Max claims his mother is pretty cool probably why he grown so smart. When his mom died, he met his dad and discovered a lot of things about him and wished his dad to finally take him and not give him away.

I highly recommend this film for a good family entertainment. Not only it was devoid of adult scenes, it was surprisingly not the gross violent type of movie. I am very particular with movies and shows that I let my kids watch because media, I believe has great impact to the young minds. Though the exchange of conversation between the kid and his dad are not the typical Filipino setting between an elderly and a child, the honesty and straight forward attitude provides a clearer understanding of the message being sent across. At home, I practice this with my boys. I encourage them to speak their minds but in a way not offending but respectful. I do not require them of the "po" and "opo". Instead,  I remind them on choosing words carefully and to say it properly.

My boys totally enjoyed the movie. It was actually a tiring day but really awesome. Nothing beats Sundays with the boys.


"I want you to fight for me! That's all I ever wanted!"
But did somebody, in all honesty ever fought for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment