Sunday, October 16, 2011

Macaroons de Italyana



I have a new baker on training.:)

Since Mama's brownies are getting in demand, I'm needing extra hands to meet my orders. Good thing the boys are willing to help. We also got to finally try the macaroons. The recipe was from an Italian chef Laura Vitali thus the name of my macaroons.

The ingredients are:
1 14 oz Bag of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp of Almond Extract
2 Egg Whites, at room temperature
¼ tsp of Salt
½ tsp of Cream of Tartar

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. You can use a parchment sheet or a mini muffin molder. Whisk eggs, salt and cream of tartar until very stiff peaks. I learned that the tartar stabilizes the egg whites. In a separate large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until the condensed milk is incorporated well throughout the shredded coconut. Use a small ice cream scoop to drop the macaroons. Make sure they are about an inch apart if using baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.

Jiro loved the macaroons. He kept on coming back for more. My friend Joy and her soon to be husband Jeff,   who dropped by liked it too. My youngest sister who came home late today said the macaroons were delicious. I kinda liked it a little brownier but it's already well done. I guess this recipe is supposed to be just like that.

Ichiro on the other hand cracked me up when he commented that he wanted to be the host of the Junior Master Chef Pinoy Edition. I was expecting him to say he wants to join the kids. I just forgot he is officially my food critic. All my kitchen experiments have to pass his taste before I try it again. Quality control in the house. :)

What's new with you today?




No comments:

Post a Comment