Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Taking some "Me" time

Crazy weekend it is!

Aside from my usual "me" time,  I devote time to settle unfinished business. If all goes well according to plan, then its all good. If not, this I pray:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.



"Me" time gives me opportunity to listen to myself. What I really want, what bothers me as of the moment, what makes me happy, what confuses me...everything. It's a moment I temporarily let go of my mommy hat, my sisterly duties, my work and my crazy world. It's a time to focus on myself and where I am. It keeps me in touch with myself, it reminds me of my worth and the value I could share to the people in my inner circle.

It's actually a moment to reflect and listen to that inner voice from my heart. That voice Who always know the truth and the right. But most of the time, that voice is drowned by fleeting emotions blinding me from the true light.

That voice is oh so powerful that despite our effort to do things on our own, He still can turn things around for our own good. Most of the time we don't see it. We even take it against Him. His ways may not be what we wanted but He is always right.

Now I can say I've done my part. God will do the rest.
Have you done yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment