Friday, December 10, 2010

STEP 2. Pay off debts and cut down interest costs

They say, action speaks louder than words. So to prove myself how serious I am in my journey to financial freedom, I wholeheartedly shell out almost half of my 13th month pay to redeem my pawned items. I have to do this since the interest is making the pawnshop richer every month while I try to make ends meet because of the amount deducted from my receivables every payday. Imagine having to pay the pawnshop the amount of my allowance every month, such a waste, right?



I should have used that money in other stuffs instead like educational books or toys for my kids. On the other hand, I'm thankful for pawnshops since they are the the answers for immediate or emergency needs. But again, I do not advice that you do this often. So to avoid that I'll teach you ways on how to save up for the rainy days. 
Sigh... I should have done this a long time ago. But then again, how would I learn if I didn't experience these mistakes? I believe one of my mission is to teach and share life's lessons so here I am hoping you learn a thing or two.
Now with debts, I have started a long time ago in clearing them. Good to say I have only a major one left. The rest have been settled already. It wasn't easy because I have to cut costs to pay them one by one. Now I'm working on my final ticket to being finally free. And with God's true guidance and mentor from books and online blogs, I'm looking forward to a fruitful year ahead. I'm so excited! 
Watch out for my future posts about where I get guidance and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment