Friday, February 18, 2011

Kid's Pre birthday Photoshoot

My little boy is turning 7 in a few days and i'm still in search for the best close up picture for his birthday tarp. Browsing through the hundreds of pics on my hard drive, I can't help but feel so thankful and blessed for being the chosen mom for this smart and fine little boy. Pictures could really take us back to moments and feelings we've always cherished in our hearts. I can still remember how happy I was when I first saw him. His arrival had change the atmosphere in our home. He had made our lives even more colorful and meaningful. His first word was Mama and from that moment I felt I'm the luckiest parent in the world. His every milestone marks our most joyful days.  He surprised us with his wit and charm. He had made us proud for his every achievements. And the best part, he still continually surprise us and make us proud.

Now giving back for the endless joy he gives our family, we planned on a surprise birthday party for my little boy. And that means hours and days of organizing and research. I came across The Organized Parent  which offers tips on how to be organized and make a mom's life easier. They also have tools like calendars and organizers that you can download. Great help for moms who are always busy trying to get things done while switching from Mommy mode to working mom mode. They even have a book:  The Five-Minute Mom’s Club: 105 Tips to Make a Mom's Life Easier.  Check it Out
 The 5 Minute Mom's Club

And since I need a nice close up picture for my boy, I decided to schedule a pre-birthday photoshoot for him. Of course he doesn't know it's for his birthday. I don't need to explain further anyway since my kid naturally loves taking pics of himself, us and stuffs. But I need advise on how to make a great photoshoot for kids. I plan on having these pictures enlarged too and put in a frame for display in our house so I have to make the most of it. Here's what I got from 5 Minutes for Mom site.

5 Minutes for Photography: Kids Photo Shoot
1. Go somewhere different. Anything new make kids excited!
2. Take along props. Makes each shots interesting.
3. Keep them thinking about everything but the photos. Catch the natural reactions.
4. Shoot photos like crazy. Like I always say. Don't blink!
5. Dress for success. The kid is the star of the shoot not the clothes.
6. Go with the flow.

Now I'm the one who's excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment