I love reading Bo's notes but this particular newsletter kind of affected me. This part in particular:
"I was even more convinced of my family goals when I read the frightening statistics from David Perdew about “fatherless kids”. According to statistics, children from a fatherless home are:
· Five times more likely to commit suicide
· Thirty-two times more likely to run away
· Twenty times more likely to have behavioral disorders
· Fourteen times more likely to commit rape (this applies to boys)
· Nine times more likely to drop out of high school
· Ten times more likely to abuse chemical substances
· Nine times more likely to end up in a charitable institution
· Twenty times more likely to end up in prison for a long period of time
You see, I'm a solo parent and this kind of statistic will surely affect me. But guess what? On top of this newsletter was God's love note for me and it says:
I should not be sad. Instead I should empower myself so I can be a mom and a dad both to my kids. I've always believed that if kids are happy at home, they will never seek love anywhere else. My youngest sister is a perfect example. I should not be afraid.
And while I was writing this, I got a new email:
February 11, 2011
Be a Blessing Expert. So you can spot a blessing a mile away. So you can
know a blessing’s shape, smell, color, and sound. So you can see blessings
P.S. Sheila, Blessing Experts are happy people.
Just looking at all my blessings, I'm perfectly happy. :)
PS. Never Forget Your Family. Except for God, nothing else is more important. Get powerful inspiration and instruction on how to build your own family. It’s never too late.