This chocolate chip muffin is one of my very first experiment when I was just starting to learn how to bake. My friend from grade school who is now based in Dubai shared this recipe and I was inspired to do this for my boys who are so fond of chocolates. I was so surprised at how easy it is to bake this. It was definitely a hit at home.
Chocolate Chips Muffin
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
2 tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin cups.
2. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, toss the chocolate chips with half a cup of the mixed dry ingredients and make sure the chocolate chips are coated with the mixture.
4. Mix together butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, the brown and the white sugar. Mix well until everything is combined together. Add the dry ingredients mixture.
5. Then add the chocolate chips to the batter mixture. Use a spatula to fold in all the ingredients.
6. Put the batter in each of the prepared muffin tins with the use of an ice cream scooper.
7. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
8. Let it cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Ling is a dear friend since grade school, in our Alma mater who made a difference in shaping my faith. We started with SSMMAALL, a group name combining all of our initials. We eventually acquired new friends and the friendship circle just got bigger. Now, we are classmates again in Jomar's Internet Marketing class. This used to eat much of my time requiring me to stay glued on my computer for hours. It was worth it. It's always fun learning something new.
You can check out her blog at Quickandeasybaking .
Have you learned something new today?